PickGuru is committed to providing you with a safe, enjoyable environment and providing you with the highest levels of protection. We want to encourage you to play responsibly and we will provide you with the necessary tools, guidance, self-assessment information and industry self-help links to help you be in control of your gambling.
Playing online responsibly
To ensure you maintain control over your play, we recommend that you always consider the following:
- Consider in advance how often you will play and how much you will spend.
- Decide in advance and stick to the point where you will stop playing.
- Think about and make sure you play for enjoyment and not as a way to make money.
- Never play with money that is intended for paying for essentials such as paying rent or bills, buying food or other essentials.
We have tools to assist you in monitoring and controlling your play as well as restricting the amount you may spend.
You can set deposit limits at the time of registration or at any time once the account is activated. Requests to lower limits will be applied immediately, whereas requests to raise or remove limits will not be applied for 24 hours to allow a cooling-off period. A deposit limit allows you to control the amount you deposit on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
You can activate an account timeout between 24 hours and 6 weeks at any time from the My Account – timeout section. Timeout requests are activated with immediate effect and you will be unable to access the site until the cool off has expired. Cool off periods cannot be overridden.
If you have developed a gambling problem and no longer wish to be able to access your account, we have a self-exclusion facility available.
- You can self exclude in the “Responsible Gambling” section within your account settings on the “Self Exclude” section.
- The exclusion can be for a minimum period of 6 months up to 5 years.
- Following a self-exclusion request, an email will be sent to you confirming the self-exclusion closure. Contact details and links for industry self-help organizations are also detailed in the email. Any outstanding account balances will be returned to you.
- At the point you choose to self-exclude, further account control settings are updated on our platform to ensure you do not receive targeted communications or promotional materials.
- Accounts closed for self-exclusion cannot be reopened, for any reason, until the self-exclusion time period has expired.
- Upon expiry of the self exclusion period, you may request to reopen a suspended account by contacting our Customer Support team. All requests to reopen an account are reviewed by the RG team.
- Any request to reopen an account previously closed due to self-exclusion will be subject to our approval and a 24-hour review period.
- You may withdraw your request to re-open your accounts at any time during such a 24-hour review period.
- If an account is approved to be reopened you will be provided with advice and information about our responsible gambling policy.
If you are considering Self-Exclusion you may wish to register with GAMSTOP. GAMSTOP is a free service that enables you to self exclude from all licensed Gambling sites in the UK. To find out more and to sign up to GAMSTOP visit www.gamstop.co.uk.
Preventing Underage Gambling
We take the issue of underage gambling extremely seriously and will employ whatever means necessary to prevent access to gambling activity through our mobile application for those under the minimum legal age of 18 years old.
We provide warnings on every public-facing view of our product, including marketing material, that our product(s) are only intended and available to those of 18 years and older.
We employ third party specialist service providers (GBG) to verify the age of potential new users to ensure no one under the age of 18 is permitted to gamble through our application, either for ‘real’ money or free to play offerings.
Help and Advice
If you, family members or friends are experiencing trouble with gambling you can get free, independent advice and support at begambleaware.org or www.gamcare.org.uk.
You can also get help as well as accessing free resources at www.gamblingtherapy.org.
You can also contact the national gambling helpline for free on 0808 8020 133.